- Focus unswervingly on the customer.
- Make and beat audacious goals.
- Hire the best and brightest, without equivocation, and exceed their expectations by over-delivering on what motivates them.
- Invest continuously in learning, mentoring, and development.
- Help the people around you excel, and in turn excel because of the help of the people around you.
- Trust in the abilities of one's colleagues.
- Reward and emphasize personal accountability.
- Rip off band-aids quickly and cut loose dead wood.
- Act with urgency.
- Be human.
(Number 11 would be don't mix metaphors like I did in number 8.)